Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

1.01.2009

project 365

Happy New Year to all of you! As my dear hubby said to me at midnight last night, "2009 will be just fine!" And I'm SUPER EXCITED to be starting a new quasi-scrapbooking project this year. It's called Project 365, and I'll be taking a picture of some aspect of our life every day this year and putting them in an album along with some journaling. At the end of the year, I'll have a fantastic look into the every day life in our household.

I already scrapbook, but my pages are mostly filled with special events and milestones. This will be more of a "day in the life" album. I'll include pictures of laundry piles, gas prices, projects we're working on, and the like. You know...the everyday mundane stuff that fills our days. I CAN'T WAIT!! When I was in high school, I thought about pursuing a career in photojournalism, and this appeals to the storyteller in me.
I actually started a bit early on Monday, and I'd love to show you what I have so far. (And I promised a fellow photo-phile, one Mr. Jimmy O'Brien, that I'd post my pictures here...your turn, Sir!)
Monday 12.29~ We took Emerson to the zoo to see the holiday lights, and I snapped this one of her with Grandpa. I love it!

Tuesday 12.30~ I know someday she'll kill me for this one, but I just can't resist her little buns. Don't you just want to give them a squeeze?
Wednesday, 12.31~Santa brought me a new camera for Christmas, and I was playing around with aperture while shooting my other baby, Jiko. I love the blurred background! Not bad, if I do say so myself!

Thursday 1.1~ Ringing in the new year. Happy 2009!!

If you want more info on Project 365 and the woman who dreamt it up (I wish I could take credit for it!!), check out Becky Higgins blog. There's info about ordering the kits, but if you scroll back a few days, she has posts explaining the concept.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...