Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

1.03.2009

my last long run

My 1/2 marathon is one week from today. ONE WEEK! When I signed up for this waaaay back in February of 2008, it seemed light years away. But as I turned the calendar to 2009, the race is staring me right in the face.

Now, I've definitely put in my time and training. Over the last 2 months alone, I've logged about 100 miles or so, and that's only since November! Physically, I know what the distance feels like. Mentally, I know that I can run 13.1 miles. I just hope my body gets the memo. My right knee and I are currently experiencing irreconcilable differences. A divorce may be eminent. We'll see what the next week brings. I did 6 miles this morning, and it felt significantly better than it has in 2 weeks. But it's still not 100%.

Anyway, that's what's looming in my mind. It pretty much consumes my thoughts in my waking hours (and quite a few when I'm supposed to be sleeping too!) I'm BEYOND excited, and nervous too. I'm not out to break any land/speed records by any means, but I want to run a good race. Keep your fingers crossed for me (and my knee!)

I'll post more Project 365 pics next time. Oh, and I added the answers to the the iPod song game. (scroll down to the original post to see.) I was not tremendously impressed with your efforts, by the way! There were some REALLY easy ones on there. Oh well. I guess is just wasn't your thing. :)

TTFN~
a.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...