Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

1.20.2009

4:03 am

That's what time Herself decided to awaken this morning. 4:03 am. WTF!?!?!?!?!? And she would not, could not go back to sleep. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! Needless to say, I DID NOT get my run in today. Better luck tomorrow, I guess.


All kidding aside, I literally prayed for strength as I gave up on getting her back to bed and began to go about our day at 5:30. I knew that we would both be tired, cranky, and impatient. It was setting up to be one of those days. But as I look back, we had a pretty good day. She was great at playgroup and had fun playing with Lily's toys. She had patience with me when I was cooking her lunch and dinner. We went to Grammy & Grandpa's house to pass those late afternoon hours when we both get squirrely. And she loved every bit of her Moroccan roasted veggie & couscous dinner. She was generally a sweet pea today. How did I get so lucky? Now, here's to a GREAT NIGHT'S SLEEP tonite and a great day tomorrow.

Before I go, I got some pictures from the 1/ 2marathon and wanted to share them with you. This one was taken as the first wave of runners took off. There are runners in the starting chute as far as the eye can see. I think there were nearly 40,000 of us running that morning!



This is the picture that I have had in my head for nearly a year. That's me with my cousin (and super good sport!!), Amy.

You know those Visa commercials...new pair of running shoes: $125, airfare to Orlando: $300, running through the Castle in the Magic Kingdom: Priceless


Here's me rockin' out to Bon Jovi in Epcot during mile 12. The guy in front of us looks horrified!



We were SO HAPPY to be finished! I feel compelled to point out that our actual chip time was 2:21:46. The clock is 11 minutes slower because we were in the second wave.

Happy Inauguration Day. Here's our Project 365 photo of the day~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...