Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

1.24.2009

toot toot!

Hear that? That's the sound of me tooting my own horn. I, all by myself, revamped a darling Christmas dress that Emerson got from Grandma into a darling Valentine's dress that she can keep wearing for a bit longer. Yay me!

I am generally a person who aspires to be crafty but does not believe that I actually am crafty. I do a fair amount of scrapbooking, but I CASE {Copy And Steal Everything} most of my designs from magazines and websites. And I did make and sew felt designs on onesies for the kids in our playgroup for Christmas, but I based my designs from Clipart. So this {albeit simple} transformation tickles me a bit.
BEFORE

AFTER



Ok, now I know you're saying "all you did was rip out the reindeer, cut out some BASIC hearts, and sew them on." And you're right. But the difference is the follow through. I actually DID it. Instead of letting the dress get packed away, I've kept it in the rotation. {If it were up to Jeff, she'd still be wearing it with the reindeer, so at least give me credit for disallowing THAT!}


There may still be hope for me in the Halloween-costume-sewing-department after all. For now, I'll take small victories where I can get them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alison, Let me know if this reaches you, because I'm not sure if they do.

Kudos to you. I can't even sew on a button or patch a hole in my sock. Seriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...