Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

12.07.2010

surgery details

I really wanted to post some pictures, but my camera isn't cooperating with my computer and I'm too pooped to fuss with it.

I have gotten so many Facebook posts, emails, texts, you name it today- truly amazing and so, SO comforting. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for our family. What a gift!

So, the doc took Pete's thumb off and used the skin {amazing} to create skin grafts for other parts of the surgery. He made an incision in his wrist and removed a piece of bone {!!!} to give him more flexion in his wrist. I'm thinking that one is gonna hurt...just a hunch. Lastly, he opened his finger and palm to fiddle with the tendon in his ring finger. Pete's pinkie and ring fingers share a metacarpal bone and muscle/tendon/ligaments, so they'll likely always work in unison. He seems to have straightened the finger, maybe not all the way, but more than it was (picture a 90 degree bend, cocked towards the pinkie...that's where he WAS). Seemingly, he'll have some bend in it, but it's too soon to tell. And get this- he put a temporary pin in his finger to stabilize it. When I heard "temporary," my immediate thought was more surgery. But no, Doc said the pin is poking out of his skin and he'll have it removed in the office in a few weeks. Remind me to be washing my hair that day, K?

All in all, it's pretty amazing. And his pain has been minimal so far. He's stirring as I type, so the codeine may be wearing off, but I'll go dose him and get him back to sleep.

Then I'm off to sleep myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear brave Mom . Hope that Pete gets well soon . But I would request that you comment on the comments to your post so that we feel that we are also in the loop .You will be able to connect with your readers better if you acknowledge their feedbacks .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...