Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

12.12.2010

post-op pics and a tip

Before I forget, here's my tip. Did you know you can reuse your laundry dryer sheets? I was skeptical to try because I like my clothes fluffy soft, but it really works. If you don't buy the super-discount brand, you can use each sheet 2 or 3 times. Try it...it doesn't save you a ton of cash, but every little bit helps, right?

I've been meaning to post these all week, but Mr. Pete threw us for a loop by spiking a 102 degree fever on Thursday. After visiting the peds Dr. and talking with the surgeon, everyone is pretty confident that it's coincidental (and bad) timing and not a surgical site infection. We have our post-op follow up appointment tomorrow...I'm anxious to see Pete's "new" hand.

And despite the fact that he's been miserable with his fever all weekend, he still has yet to complain about the sling and bandages and the fact that he can't use his hand. What. An. Amazing. Kid.
So, here are some pics from last Tuesday, about 8 hours after surgery. He was happily playing on the floor while I was changing the sheets on our bed. You'd never guess he went through hell earlier in the day, would you? Like the bruise on his forehead? That's from one of the IV attempts.
I realize this is not his best look, but I love the intensity that he's shaking his toy with. And I can hear him laughing and shouting just by looking at this.
Such a serious look...he was checking himself out in the mirror. I wonder if he was thinking "Hey, where's my left arm?"

He's stylin with his uber sleek bandage. That thing is huge! Makes it challenging to hold him.




I have loads of ideas for posts this week...now I just have to make the time to make them happen.
Make it a good week~



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...