Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

12.23.2010

last one

This is my last post for a few days, and likely the last time you'll be checking for a few days. It's going to be a smorgasbord of thoughts.

Pete
He's been doing so amazingly well. Like, I really can't believe how amazing he's been. He has not complained at all, and the various splints he's been wearing haven't phased his at all. His most recent splint is not staying on too well, which is a PIA (pain in the you-know-what), and this morning, all of his bandaids had come off, exposing the pin in his ring finger. That's supposed to come out at the Doc's office next week. And in other news, he's so, SO close to crawling. He really wants to move, but I sense that he's nervous about bearing weight on his left hand. I'm thinking that it's only a matter of weeks before he's on the move. Bug, please wait until after the Christmas tree is down, K?

Christmas
This is the first year in a long, long time that have felt so excited and anxious for the holiday to hurry up and get here. Our cousins came into town today, and Monday-Wednesday of this week dragged into eternity. But today went by in a blink, and I know the next few days will be a blur too. It's been so great to feel so excited, really like being a kid again. I think I have Emerson to thank for that. She's been way into it this year, and it truly is magical to see Christmas through a child's eyes. But my heart is also heavy thinking about loved ones who won't be here to celebrate. This is the 17th Christmas without my cousin Vinnie (Yes, really my cousin. Yes, really Vinnie.) I can't believe that I've now lived more of my life without him that I did with him.

That's all from here. Have yourself a very Merry Christmas with your family. Hugs to all of you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

dmcdealsmallcom said...

You children are adorable! Check out this site for some great deals online @ http://dmc.dealsmall.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...