Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

12.07.2008

a milestone for me

Yesterday, I did something that I NEVER, EVER thought I'd do. I ran 10 miles. Outside. In the snow! I really did it. Ran the whole thing, too. ( My training log allowed me to take 3 1-minute walking breaks, but I didn't need to.) For anyone who knows me, I'm not really the outdoorsy type. Especially if being outdoors involves the white stuff. (Unless I'm zipping down a mountain on skis, mind you.)

Gale, my training buddy, was not so convinced that I'd make it out there at 7:30 am. She praised my efforts more than once! But it was a great run. More tiring than usual because of the very slippery surface, but just great. I ran most of it alone, without my iPod to keep me entertained. I couldn't help but sing Christmas songs to myself as I kept pace with my feet. Now, I know without a shadow of a doubt that I'll be able to run the WDW 1/2 marathon in a few weeks.

Next week, 11 miles. And I can't wait. This whole running thing is really crazy. And more addictive than I could even imagine.

Make it a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your training buddy. I, too, did something I did not think possible. I ran 9 miles today. The weather was freezing and it was flurring. I know exactly what you mean with the running and the addiction. Good luck with your 1/2 marathon. We run ours in May.

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Sheesh! I don't even know if I would rain if someone was chasing me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...