Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

12.23.2008

greatest gifts ever

As I sit in my office surrounded by wrapping paper, ribbon, bows, and loads of gifts, I'm reflecting on 2008. It's been a great year for us, in spite of all of the scary news that reverberates from the TV and radio these days. We are all healthy and loved. I was able to leave my teaching job to stay home and be a full-time Mama. We traveled to Lake Tahoe, Ireland, and South Carolina (with lots of drives to see friends and family in Iowa and Wisconsin as well). And we are blessed to know and love so many wonderful people. But in the midst of all of this, Emerson is still our greatest gift. And she continues to amaze and awe me.

She is currently doing two things that blow me away: demonstrating that she understands our communicating, and communicating herself. I love to hear her tiny, precious voice as her ever-expanding vocabulary picks up more new words. And to hear her say Mama and Papa, well, I'll never get tired of that! I also love how she's become my little helper girl. I'll ask her to get her water bottle or to put her comb in the basket, AND SHE DOES IT!!! In addition to actually helping me, it just blows me away that she can do these things. Last year at this time, she was just learning how to roll over. And now, well, I'm amazed!

I probably won't have time to post for a few days, so have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! Enjoy all of your gifts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...