Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

4.18.2011

the kid/bird conundrum

I have a friend who astutely pointed out to me (I believe we were in Milan, in fact) that kids love birds. Specifically, large clusters of city birds. Find a large group of pigeons, and there's sure to be a kid somewhere nearby chasing or squatting for a better look or trying to feed them. I have a similar thing going on at my house. MY kids love food. Specifically, my food. Whatever I'm eating is utterly fascinating to them, and consequently, they both squawk like hungry pigeons until I give them some. Or most, as the case may be. And since I don't always get to eat with them at mealtimes, I sometimes eat my meals by myself {read as: not at the same time as AS OPPOSED TO alone} And when I eat said meals, I usually have one grabbing the utensil out of my hands and another scooting and climbing on me for a morsel. In the last 2 weeks, I've had about half a dozen people tell me that I'm looking thinner these days. Now you know my diet secret....have some kids. The more kids you have, the more weight you'll lose. (edited to say that I DO know how to break my thoughts into paragraphs, I swear. But Blogger is not allowing the breaks, for whatever reason. Super sorry!)

1 comment:

Sassy said...

I have to opposite problem. My child doensn't like to eat, so I find myself finishing his food. Doesn't have a weight loss effect sadly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...