Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

2.08.2010

sink or float

Playgroup friends, prepare to sigh at me. (they make fun of me because I'm so "teachery")

This was one of my all-time favorite activites as a child. I remember doing it in o, and our kitchen sink, standing on the step-stool. And I remember exploring it again in Kindgergarten. So when Friday afternoon got a bit long, I dragged out the big plastic bin, grabbed some toys we explored the properties of water.

We talked a bit about how heavy things usually sink and light things usually float. As Em dropped each item into the water, I said "Make a prediction, Em. Take a guess. Will it sink down to the bottom, or float on top?" She was pretty accurate. And she had a blast too.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...