Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

2.14.2010

happy valentine's day


And a happy day it was! We had a special breakfast of doughnuts with raspberry jelly together this morning...Deuce wanted them...and Emerson opened a little bag of Valentine's treats. Eating breakfast together this morning made me so happy. It was just such a simple thing, but we were all smiling and enjoying the yummy treats. I know that chaos is about to overtake our home, and I'm appreciating the simple moments with my 2 favorite people more than usual these days.






After church, we headed off to Ikea to make a big purchase...a new mattress for Emerson's big girl bed. This afternoon, Emerson and Jeff enjoyed watching the cross-country skiing together on the Olympics before we all headed to some friends' house for dinner.

But the biggest news of the day came at bedtime. After LOADS of work on Jeff's part, Emerson's new room is ready for it's inhabitant, and as I type, she's sleeping in her new big girl bed for the first time. We still have some details to take care of in there (curtains, trim on the floor, some storage units), but she's SO excited to have a new blue room. And she's ready to pass the torch (and her old crib) to Deuce.
(I apologize that this is not the best photo...my battery died, of course, so this is all I was able to take)


It's really all coming together now. Scary.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...