Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

2.17.2010

she has a heart of pure gold

So yesterday, I was having a day. What I'm saying is that I was having a DAY. I felt crappy, had a hard time parenting a noisy, needy 2.5 year-old, and just wanted to sleep. So by the time I made dinner {which is the "witching hour," btw} I was pretty much done. And Emerson just wasn't getting it. She kept reaching up on the counter while I was chopping, and I lost it. Like, stood sobbing in the kitchen, begging her to go play in her room. She looked at me for a minute, and then methodically wandered over to the bottom drawer, where she proceeded to mumble to herself and rummage around for about 30 seconds. She then procured a large box of baggies, handed it to me, and said "Here, Mama. This will help you to be happy."

Oh. My. Goodness. As if I wasn't already sobbing. Of course, I dropped to my knees, gave her a huge hug, and counted my blessings. THAT'S what it's all about.

How'd I get so lucky?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...