Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

10.27.2009

it fills me with dread OR "fall behind"

Ah yes. In high school, it meant one more hour of sleep. In college, it meant we had one more hour at the bars. But as a parent, it means only one thing: my child is going to start waking before 6 am. I maintain that the person who thought up daylight savings did not have a toddler.

Last year, the time change was disastrous for us. See my post from last year. It did not go very well. She regularly woke up at 5:15, 5:30, and on-the-joy-of-sleeping-in...6:00 am. Ugh. This year, I'm taking a more proactive approach. Starting last Sunday nite, I've been putting her to bed a few minutes early. As of tonite (partially because she blew off her nap today), she went down 1/2 hour early. We're going to keep this up until the time changes on Saturday nite. Then next week, she'll go to bed a bit later than the regular time (which will ultimately be the same time as this week...get it?) until she's back to her regular 8:00 pm bedtime.

Piece of cake, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...