Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

10.30.2009

a recipe for you

I feel compelled to preface this recipe by telling you that I can cook. In fact, I love to cook. I can make lasagna, cheesecake, chicken saltimboca. I make stir fry from scratch and NEVER buy bottled pasta sauce...I always make my own (my Mom taught me that!) I have an herb garden, year-round. I've hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas at my house. I can even make a souffle. I really can cook. Okay? Are you convinced?

The reason I mention all of this is because of the recipe I'm going to share. It's one of our favorites, but it's so stinkin' cheesy. I got it from an online scrapbooking message board that I used to frequent several years ago. There's nothing fancy, and it even calls for a box of cake mix. But trust me, it's so yummy!!! So here's to good eats. As Julia would say, Bon Appetit!

PUMPKIN CRUNCH CAKE
1 box yellow cake mix (w/0 pudding in the mix)
1 large can pumpkin (28 oz or so)
1 can evaporated milk (10 or 12 oz)
3 eggs
1 cup butter (HOW CAN THIS NOT BE GOOD?!?!?!)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts (I used roasted, salted pecans)

I also add some ginger, cloves, nutmeg.... the usual pumpkin pie spices.

Melt butter and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and spices. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Pour pumpkin mixture into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top. Pat down and sprinkle with nuts. Drizzle the butter over the top. Bake at 350 for one hour. Let stand for at least 10 minutes to set before turning out onto a platter. Let stand 2 hours or refrigerate before serving. Peel foil and slice.

Mmmmmm...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...