Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

10.15.2009

i am still alive

For the last week, I've been fighting a sinus infection. Being that I'm preggers, I was leery about taking antibiotics. And by Sunday, I was definitely on the mend. But I woke up in the middle of the night Monday with the most excruciating pain that I've ever experienced, childbirth included. My whole left cheek was pulsing, throbbing, stabbing. I chalked it up to a full sinus, hoped that shifting position would help, flushed it with the Neti Pot, and waited. And waited. By 10:00 am, I was literally nauseous from the pain, and caved and called the doc. When I went in, I was hoping that they would be able to give me a shot or something to ease the pain. Unfortunately, nothing is safe for pregnant moms, so they told me to take warm showers and wait it out. It seems that my sinus cavity is pressing on a nerve in my cheek. No wonder it hurt!Yesterday, the pain went from a 10 down to a 5, which was HUGE, but I was still in pretty bad shape. Today was much better, and although it still hurts a bit, I'm a totally new person. This brought a whole new meaning to the expression "mind-numbing pain."

Thank the Lord that my parents are close by, and were able to help me with Emerson. The little girl has had a fun week, regardless of the fact that Mama was out of commission.

Couple that with the fact that I have LITERALLY spent every moment that Emerson is sleeping working on training for my new job, and that's why I've been an absentee blogger.

Hope you've had a better week~

3 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Glad you are feeling better :)

Unknown said...

Alison! I was shocked to hear that your pain was worse than childbirth. I cannot imagine anything feeling worse, so I am so sorry to hear of this hell you have been going through! Geez. This will make this pregnancy one you will surely never forget! Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Alison said...

Adri, the difference b/w this and childbirth is that 1. I HAD AN EPIDURAL!!!, and 2. that pain ended as soon as she was born. This went on for 2.5 days. I thought my head was going to explode.

It's SO nice to feel like a human again! I can't wait to get back to running again too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...