Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

10.20.2009

i get by with a little help from my mom...

So, last week, I told you that my mom was a Godsend in helping me keep Emerson entertained while I tried not to let me head explode. Thanks, Ma.

Throughout my whole life, I've concocted elaborate plans that I don't have the skills, patience, or resources to complete. And who do you think has been my bail-out for said projects? You guessed it. My mom. So when I decided to sew Emerson's Halloween costume this year (mind you, I don't own a sewing machine nor do I know how to use one), who do you think I envisioned as my helper? Enter my mom.

She was happy to come along to the fabric store, indulged my "vision" of what this costume would look like, didn't balk when I insisted to create it without a pattern, and even went on a recon mission of her own, surreptitiously taking pictures of patterns at Hobby Lobby with her phone. And after a few hours of debating over the proper size for a head opening, giggling at the cat who insisted on sitting on the project at all times, and teaching me about the basics of using a Singer, we DID it.

Here are a few pictures from along our journey. I apologize that they're all out of order...Blogger is not cooperating with me and I don't have the time to figure out why.
You'll have to wait for the weekend to see Emerson in full M&M regalia as we have a costume party coming up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...