Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

11.01.2008

decisions, decisions

My friend and fellow teacher, Adrienne Wodka, once told me that there's a statistic out there that says that teachers make over 100 decisions per hour. I would challenge that parents make at least that many, if not more. What to serve for dinner, should I let her watch TV, does she need a jacket, is her diaper dirty??? The list is endless. Tonight, something as benign as the time change was cause for decision making in our house. Should we put her to bed at the usual time, and chance getting up at 5:30 tomorrow morning (6:30 is a frequent wake-up call for Em), or put her to bed later, chancing throwing her off her all-important schedule? Will it make a difference? Then, after talking around in circles for a few minutes, we realized that we have NO IDEA how it will affect her, and just went with our gut. (Put her to bed a few minutes late and will deal with the consequences tomorrow, I guess.) But sheesh, it gets exhausting thinking through everything ALL THE TIME.

I remember when she was a newborn, and we didn't have a clue about, well, anything. Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING was a back and forth process and I was mentally exhausted by the end of the day. Fortunately, things have gotten much easier. Well, either that or I've gotten used to the decision making. But tonight's query reminded me of the "old days."

On to some fun pictures. Em loves playing Peek a Boo at opposite ends of the crib from her Papa. She squeals with delight when she sees him pop up and then runs to pounce. Note exhibit A:






And Exhibit B:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this family time together at the end of the day. And I know that Em and her Papa do too!

Ok, well I'm off for my Saturday nite date. We were at a party today and didn't get to see the Iowa game, so, via the magic of Tivo, I'm off to watch my Hawks. Ain't technology grand...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...