Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

11.05.2008

anyone speak French?

As a former 4th grade teacher, I know that when you make a mistake about something, kids LOVE to call you out on it. But the beauty of spending my days with an almost-15-month old is that she couldn't care less about my mistakes.

Case in point. Herself is currently obsessed with the song Frere Jacques (please ignore this an all future French misspellings...5 years of Spanish is not helping me much here.) It is THE ONLY song she'll allow for her lullaby.

{how do I know this? because when I try to sing something else, she frantically signs "more" and "please" to get me to change. even her all-time greatest hit twinkle twinkle is not doing it for her these days. but I digress...}

Anyways, I'm a bit fuzzy on the words, and my fourth graders would just jump right in here and nail me. But not Emerson. Nope. The line that comes out "sonny leg ma tina" works just fine for her. (it's the 3rd line after the two "frere jacques" lines.)

Anyone out there know what I'm really supposed to say? I'm probably swearing at her or something!

Au revoire~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alison,
Looks like you're right on.


Frère Jacques, Frère Jacques,
Dormez vous? Dormez vous?
Sonnez les matines, Sonnez les matines
Ding Ding Dong, Ding Ding Dong

English Version:
Are you sleeping, are you sleeping?
Brother John, Brother John?
Morning bells are ringing,
morning bells are ringing
Ding Ding Dong, Ding Ding Dong

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...