Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

11.30.2008

Howdy

Hello there, all. I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend. We're lamenting the fact that Jeff has to back to work tomorrow as we've enjoyed our time together tremendously. We spent the holiday with family at the Lake and then were home for the rest of the weekend. While I'm traditionally a get-the-house-decorated-on-the-day-after-Thanksgiving kind of girl, we bypassed that this year to paint the kitchen. After 2 years of living with what I fondly called "acid-trip" yellow, we're finally enjoying a subtle buttery yellow. I'll post pics later this week when I'm not in a big fight with my external hard drive.


On Friday, Jeff and Emerson decided to stretch their legs outside and tend to some end-of-the-season stuff in the yard. Em was a great little helper. She was so happy to be ow-see-i (as she says it) after being couped up during the cold weather last week.
She was sporting the darling sweater that Godmama got her for Christmas last year and the watermelon hat that I knit for her when she was in my belly.
Notice the purple socks that we used for gloves...her only pair of gloves was inconveniently in the washing machine when they were outside, so we improvised. Em was happily playing in the dirt one minute...
...and was whisked inside to have her mouth rinsed out the next. Yes, that IS dirt in her mouth. And YES, I did take this picture before rinsing it out. She didn't seem too bothered by it. I was definitely more upset than Emerson was! There goes my mom-of-the-year award, I guess.
Ciao~
A.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...