Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

11.16.2008

the simple things

Howdy all. We're just off a fantastic weekend that consisted of nothing but family time. Dinner with Grammy and Grandpa on Friday night, hanging around the house and watching the Hawkeyes on Saturday, and running errands and swimming together on Sunday. Nothing flashy, but we all have big smiles on our faces around here. In fact, we had an epic family tickle session/pony ride/wrestling match on our bed during the time that I refer to as "the burn off." {You know, that time after dinner but before bath and bed where we need to use up all the extra energy from the day.} I honestly don't know who laughed more, and that's just the way it should be. I'm {thankful} for every part of this wonderful, simple weekend.

I'm also {thankful} for the 9 mile run that I completed on Saturday and for my friend/training partner/kick-in-the-butt Gale W. She keeps me on the straight and narrow, and even supplies the recovery meds. Everyone needs a friend like that!

Emerson has discovered a fun new game. She LOVES riding the halls in the laundry basket. And Jeff was happy to oblige.

She is also getting the hang of using crayons. Here she is creating her first masterpiece. Maybe she'll be like Grammy and be ambidextrous?

Have a splendid week~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...