Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

9.07.2009

some pics from the weekend

Happy Labor Day, all. I hope you're not laboring too much on this lovely Monday. I'm kicking back on the couch while my two favorite people take a nap. We went for a run as a family this morning {literally, all three of us ran...Emerson wanted no part of a few miles in her jogging stroller, and since she was wearing her new running shoes from Uncle Craig (with her jammies), we thought, what the heck? I wish I had on the helmet-cam...so many passers-by laughed, cheered her on, smiled, or made some other comment as the three of us ran down the path, Em and her papa side by side, and me pushing the empty jogging stroller.} I can honestly say that I dream of the day when my kiddo and I will go for runs together. I guess I just didn't foresee it happening at age 2. But, as with most things, she never ceases to amaze me.

Anyway, onto the pictures. We went to Grandma & Grandpa Girlings to celebrate Em, Papa, and Grandpa's birthdays. Each of them turned a number that ended in a "2", so that was the theme of the party. Fun.

We played some "football" (with a rugby ball that we got her in Ireland, mind you...) on Friday nite after dinner. The Hawkeyes opened their 2009 season on Saturday, and we were all in the mood for some football.




I feel compelled to interject here about Jeff's shirt: Yes, it says "We love Adri's Boobs." Emerson insisted that he wear it and since he didn't foresee a photo shoot ensuing (you never know when I'll get'cha!) it was no big deal. I did the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in 2007 to honor a friend and we had shirts made for the husbands to wear when they cheered us on. Yes, I know this one is blurry. I don't care. I love it. Her expression and her dimple and the soft light...to me, it's just perfect.

On Sunday, the Girlings hosted the extended family for a nice party. Em and Grandpa had a blast zipping around on the tractor. I used to do the same thing with my dad's dad, and I'm happy that she'll have that same fun childhood memory.



Grandpa has an apple orchard and he sells several varieties of apples. Emerson seems partial to the Macintosh.



That's all from the home front. Don't forget to make it a great week~

1 comment:

Adri Plocinski said...

My stomach dropped and I laughed all at once when I saw Jeff's shirt! I was like, "What? He wears that out?!?!?" Thanks for the explanation. Glad you had a good weekend and that we got a quick visit in with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...