Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

9.14.2009

excited for Halloween!

During my days as a classroom teacher, one day filled my heart with dread like no other: Halloween. Not because of the raucous behavior and lack of interest in learning. Rather, it was the elaborate costumes worn by some of the kiddos, lovingly crafted by the expert hands of their mothers. On more than one occasion, I announced to anyone who would listen that I was most certainly not ready to become a mom because there was no way I could fashion a ballerina/tootsie roll/astronaut/insert-fancy-costume-here costume for my child, no matter how much time I was given.

During the last 2 years, I've gotten away easy. Emerson was only a few months old in 2007, and I bought a pair of bunny jammies and put some ears on her. And last year, she wore an Iowa Hawkeye cheerleader costume that was a gift from a cousin. That brings me to Halloween of 2009. Being that Herself is 2, she's not given to making long-term decisions, so I knew better than to consult her about her choice of costume. And I know that I want something very easy to fashion. Hmmm...what is she in to these days? And then, like a shot, it came to me. Candy. She LOVES M&M's, especially the blue ones. (Do you remember her birthday cupcakes?!!?) So, I'm going to make her an M&M costume for Halloween.

How hard can it be, right?

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...