Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

8.02.2009

rockin' out

Ok, so I realize that I've done little in this past week to redeem myself in the eyes of my blog readers. Considering that I have absolutely no patience for a lack of posting on other blogs that I read, I need to stop being so lazy around here. Sorry.

As I type this, I'm listening to a little 80's hair band music (currently Patience by G'n R...what a jam!) Last nite, I watched VH1...who even knew that was still on...and got sucked into the Top 100 songs of the 80's. I literally couldn't pull myself off the couch. It's funny how songs are such powerful memory triggers. Lots of the songs reminded me of summer days with friends and family in Lake Geneva, and even more reminded me of those clumsy, hormone-riddled junior high school days. Man, did we love those hair bands...I remember reading the liner notes of my friend Janessa's Poison Look What the Cat Dragged In record (RECORD!!!) We thought those guys were so hot! Bon Jovi, Guns n'Roses, Warrant, Poison, Def Leppard...those were the good old days.

It's funny that Emerson will likely look back on Beyonce (ok, I totally admit that that's the only current pop star that I can name!) and others as her "good old days."

Anywho, that's what's in my mind on this lovely Sunday afternoon. Hope you make it a great week.

1 comment:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

I just put a bunch of hair band music on my blackberry (how about some Great White...Once Bitten Twice Shy)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...