Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

4.15.2009

dress up, sort of

Last week, when we were baking the lamb cake, we took a break while it was in the oven and headed upstairs into the depths of Grammy's closet. Emerson has been fascinated by my earrings lately, but she can't wear them because they're for pierced ears. My mom has kept all of my Gram's enormous jewelry collection, and because she never pierced her ears, they are perfect for Em. Not only that, but they're big and bright and busy and generally perfect for a little girl with a big imagination.

The look on Emerson's face as she saw her reflection was indescribable...a mixture of pride and awe and sass and instant love of accessories. I'm SO thankful that we were able to share this impromptu dress up session with my mom, and in her own way, my Gram was there too.




1 comment:

lilysmom said...

How sweet! Em looks adorable and you can tell she is so proud of herself. Loved this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...