Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

6.15.2012

mini-LOAD challenge

In my previous life, I used to be a scrapbooker. I LOVE scrapbooking! I started in college and just really enjoy the creative aspect of blending papers, photos, words, and other doodads into a beautiful snapshot of the important moments in our lives. But with the addition of 2 kids, working full-time, doing travel planning in the evenings, and just life in general, I have really gotten behind on my scrapping.

Enter Lain Ehmann. She's a blogger, Podcaster, and scrapbooker extraordinaire. I've been listening to her Podcasts since early this year, and she's slowly convinced me that I don't have to leave the house and book a 3 day weekend out of town to work on my albums. I CAN do it here. I have even - are you ready for this?- worked on my albums during the day. While BOTH children were here. {Admittedly the small one was sleeping, but still.} Emerson has even gotten to help me a bit, by creating a green title with spray mist and placing the stickers on a page. Awesome.

A couple of times a year, Lain has a Layout-A-Day challenge (LOAD), where scrappers commit to creating a page a day for one solid month. While this seems like a bit more than I can handle right now, I decided that a mini-LOAD challenge just might jumpstart me again. So I committed to do a page a day for a whole week. (Thanks to Melissa and Jennifer for getting me off to a good start!)









I can say that as of Thursday (when I'm planning to crop in the evening after the kiddos are locked away, er, in bed), I will be on track. And I wanted to share these LOs with you. Because I struggle, you may need to do yoga to see them oriented correctly. {Uncle Matt, how do I edit pix taken with an iPhone?!?!?!?!}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...