Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

6.08.2012

messy arts/science day

When I was a girl {Oh man, is it gonna be one of those stories?}, I have a very clear, fond memory of getting ahold of a can of my dad’s shaving cream, standing by the kitchen sink, and squeezing a fluffy dollop out onto a baking sheet to create a unique canvas for art. And I also remember my mom putting the kibosh on it, telling me that she didn’t want me wasting the shaving cream and making a huge mess.

Fast forward to today. Em planned a play date with her good buddy, T. I tried to think of a few fun outside activities, and decided that a bit of shaving cream art was in order. My only direction to them was that they needed to use up the whole can! They very quickly moved away from the cookie sheets and started making it “snow” on the sidewalk. It was awesome to see them writing some words in their cream and reading each other’s writing. I’d say that this was $1.69 well spent.

100_8209100_8210

100_8213100_8214100_8218

They also traced their outlines (so cute to watch them giggle as they traced around ticklish parts), made “volcanoes” by dropping a combo of vinegar and food coloring into baking soda, and played with Ooblek (it’s an awesome substance that is simultaneously a liquid and a solid.) If you’ve never experienced Ooblek, you MUST promise to make it this summer. It’s simple to make- just 2 parts Cornstarch and one part water. You can add some food coloring to make it more fun.

 

100_8220100_8224100_8225

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...