Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

6.02.2012

dreams

See this?

photo (5)

It’s a jar. A plain, ordinary glass jar. No big whoop.

 

But see this?

photo (3)

This, my friends, is no ordinary jar. It’s a DREAM jar, and in it are {hopefully} many hours of fun and smiles and memories. Each little slip of paper says something like “Find a new park to play at,” or “ get a tasty treat at Jamba Juice,” or “bake cookies,” or “paint pottery.” You get the drift.

 

Throughout the school year, I found myself repeatedly telling the kids that “we’ll do X this summer.” But I can never remember all those fun X things when the time finally rolls around. So, I’ve been making a list. And now that school is done, I’ve written those fun ideas on little slips of paper, placed them in the Dream Jar, and we’ll pull one or two to be done each week.

 

I’m pretty pumped about this. 1. Because I think it’s a cute idea and for once, I did NOT find it on Pinterest…I made it up! And 2. it has generated some excitement around here, and that makes this Mama smile.

 

Happy summer, all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...