Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

7.06.2012

my sweet boy

I’m just totally in love with this sweet boy these days. Sure, he has about 4 flop-on-the-floor tantrums everyday, and yes, his favorite saying right now is “I can do it all. By. Myself.” {and he really says it like that!"}, but I just can’t get enough Pete. And I thought I’d share.

100_8239

One of the things I love the most about him right now is that he genuinely seems to GET the concept of gratitude. {I wish he’d teach his sister!} Every night during our prayers, I’ll say “What would you like to thank God for today?” and he’ll respond with some great answer- not just the last thing we did that day, and not always right away either. Sometimes he needs to think on it for 30 seconds or so. And then he’ll pipe up with something like “Getting to see our cousins,” or “Being with Grandma and Grandpa,” or “Playing fort with my sister.”

Seriously. He GETS it! And he’ll randomly tell me that he loves me during the day. AND he thanks me for stuff. Like today- it’s 157 degrees here {again!} and he particularly enjoyed a refreshing drink of cranberry juice. He was quietly drinking it for a few minutes and then said, “Thank you for getting my juice to me, Mama. It’s tasty.”

Sigh.

100_8238

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...