Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

7.08.2012

go with me here

Often times, I think of my blog as my personal journal, and I forget that anyone reads it. And with my sporadic posts this year, I'm sure there are hardly any readers. So forgive this self-serving post, but Emerson shared a bedtime story with me tonight that had me in stitches and I need a place to record it ASAP.

I went in to give her a hug at bedtime, and she's under the covers in her "cave," talking to her buddies.

E- "Mama, wanna hear a story about Stuffy? (her 5 foot long stuffed dragon that she won at Disney World last year."

Me- "Sure, Big."

E- "Well, back in the days, before he came to live at Disney World, he was a REAL fire-breathing dragon. And Teddy {picture a small brown bear the size of a Beanie Baby} was a Knight. He had on the full armor of God {she's been listening to the soundtrack from Backyard Bible Camp NONSTOP ever since the second week of June. It's hard to say no to Jesus music, but I'm ready to go postal on these same 6 songs!} He had the Helmet of Truth and the Breastplate of Righteousness.

{SHE PAUSES FOR 10 SECONDS}

He didn't have the shoes because they didn't have any in his size, so I had to rent some for him."

Me- "Wow, Teddy! I had no idea that you had lead this adventuresome previous life as a Knight in the Full Armor of God!"

I then gave her the hug and told her to keep dreaming and sharing her story with her buddies.

She's something, that one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...