Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

7.20.2012

things she says

In the last couple of days, Emerson has had me holding my sides with laughter. There's no possible way these will be as funny to you, but I MUST write them down so that I remember them. Again, go with me here...

---------------------------------------
E (on the phone, frantically)- "Mama, Mama! I need you to do me a HUGE favor when you get home."

Me- "Sure, what is it?"

E- "Whatever you do, PLEASE don't mop the floor. That's the favor."

Me- "I think I can handle that."

-----------------------------------------
E (apropos of nothing)- "Mama, do you wanna know what my favorite part of the Monster Truck Jam was?"

{Mind you, this took place in February and it's now July, but whatever.}

Me- "Yes, actually, I DO want to know."

E- "It was the cotton candy. Cotton candy is my favorite type of cotton AND it's my favorite thing about the Monster Truck Jam."

-----------------------------------------

Me (at bedtime during prayers)- "Em, what do you want to thank God for today?"

E- "You. I think you're the greatest person I know. I guess I should have said that on Mother's Day, right?"

Me- "Oh, I don't know about that. It sounds just as nice to me on July 20!"

{I added this one in because I know that she won't be saying this to me in 10 years.}

---------------------------------------
{also during our bedtime, during our Sing, Sing, Sing Goodnight song}

Me- "Sing, sing, sing goodnight. Sing goodnight to the pool..."

{We usually only sing goodnight to people, so this struck her as a bit odd.}

Em- "Sing goodnight to the POOL?!?! What in the world???!?!!" And then she dissolved in to a fit of giggles.



I told her that her friends are so lucky to have her because she is a funny, funny girl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...