Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

3.10.2011

pillowcase dresses on the brain


So I got a Hanna Andersson catalog yesterday, and saw this darling pillowcase dress. It's only $19, which seems pretty reasonable, but it got me thinking "I could make that." Really. I think I could make that. And, I'm guessing that it'd be less than $19.

So I Googled "pillowcase dresses" and found a website with simple directions for sewing impaired people, which I am, complete with lots of pictures. Now I'm really thinking that I can do this. I just have to carve out the time to make this happen. The directions seem to indicate that it can even be done in one evening. Hmm. We'll see. It will likely take me that long to change the thread on that little spindle under the needle. You know the one.

{That was the worst thing about Home Ec. Well, that and my teacher's spitting lisp, which we felt/heard quite frequently when she said "thweathirt", "cuttherd", and "Mithus Watherth"-sweatshirt, custard, and Mrs. Waters, respectively}

I'm going to have to carve out the time to get this done, because I really like it. Then the challenge will be to get her to wear it. Funny, I have a friend whose daughter will only wear dresses. Mine will only wear pants. If this turns out cute, but Emerson won't touch it, it's coming your way, Kate!

1 comment:

lilysmom said...

If you figure out how to make one, you must teach me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...