Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

3.07.2011

earning her keep

Know what Emerson did today?

C'mon. Guess.

Ok, I'll tell you...she put all of the clean silverware away after the dishwasher was done. For real. Like, I didn't help her at all. Praise God for a step stool in the kitchen. I trip over the blasted thing 20 times a day, but today, I didn't mind stubbing my toes one bit.

For years, seemingly, I've been saying to Jeff "When will she be old enough to empty the dishwasher?"{It's my Most Hated Drudgery} And for years, he's said "Um, don't hold your breath."

So, when I got the wild idea that today might be the day, I was cautiously optimistic. And she bought it, hook, line, and sinker. {Love that preschoolers quiver with excitement at anything that seems "big" to them, like Mama's boring old housework. Definitely a redeeming quality of 3 1/2 year-olds.}

I'm going to milk this for all it's worth!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...