Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

3.08.2011

finally, a good banana bread recipe

I love to bake and I love to eat, and I truly enjoy a good banana bread. But I feel like really delicious banana bread is hard to come by. Usually it's so dry. Bleech.

I found this in an old magazine that I picked up at the check out line in 2003 and though I'd give it a try. I was not expecting much, so imagine my delight when I tasted it. Oh. My. Goodness. It's really good! And very easy too. Emerson had a grand time helping me measure and dump all the ingredients. She's a future chef in training, for sure!


3/4 cup butter, softened (I used tub spread)
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
6 mashed ripe bananas
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Butter (I used cooking spray) a loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder and soda, and salt; set aside.

Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With mixer on low, alternate adding flour and bananas. Mix until just combined. Stir in nuts by hand, if using.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out with only a few moist crumbs, 60-70 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to continue cooling.

YUM!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...