Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

7.15.2010

choose joy

A wise friend and spiritual mentor recently gave a sermon about choosing joy in our lives, no matter what the circumstance, and it resonated with me. I am a person who is quick to point out the negative in a situation, so making the conscious effot to choose joy is a challenge, but one with tremendous benefits.


Case in point...


For whatever reason, Kid 1 decided that she would wake up around 2:30 last nite. I heard her singing, which sounds cute, but is really annoying in the middle of the night. I must have dozed off, because next I knew, it was 4:07 and she was in there giving a speech of some sort. Just talking and talking. I went in to sit with her for a bit and rub her back in the hopes of lulling her back to sleep. I left around 4:30, and at ten after 5, she was still up. Poor thing. So I grabbed my pillow and set of to go sleep with her.

Now, was this my idea of a good night's rest. No. Did I want to crawl into a twin bed with a long-legged, wiggly toddler? Nope. Am I looking for a repeat performance tonight? What do you think?

But...

Would I trade the soft way she stroked my face as she snuggled onto my pillow? No way. Or the sweet way she asked if she could give ME a backrub? No way. Or the way her tiny hand fumbled in the dark to take mine and then finally drifting off to sleep holding hands with my best girl?

Not on your life.

I CHOOSE joy.

Make it a good day~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...