Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

6.01.2010

we had the best weekend!

Happy June, fellow bloggers. In the darkest days of newborndom, my mantra was just "Get me to June. Get me to June. GET ME TO JUNE." I knew it'd be so much easier with a 2.5 month old, and I was so right. He slept from 10:30 last nite until 5 am today. Woo Hoo!! And he's napping really well too. I am so lucky with this kiddo.

We had a grand weekend. I got to go to a party with grown-ups who I used to teach with ALL BY MYSELF on Friday evening. I even had a beer. The whole bottle, all to myself. I haven't had a whole bottle of beer since last May!!! Such bliss for me. Then on Saturday, I went for a run and we made a birthday dinner for my parents who share this birthday week. Emerson had so much fun making picture frames for their presents. Sunday brought 2 college sorority sisters for a dinner visit. It was great to catch up and I can't wait to see more of Miss Mary and Miss Meghan this summer. And yesterday, I bumped into one of my dearest friends from Jr. High and High School while I was out for my run. That made me smile all day! Plus, Grandma and Grandpa came in for a visit, and that makes for one very happy Emerson.

The summer is starting off with one Mama in very high spirits. Yippeeeeeeeee!!!

1 comment:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

So glad things are looking up for you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...