Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

6.16.2010

summer reading list

Now that the weather has turned warm and the good shows have gone into reruns for the summer, it's time to compile my reading list. I'm admittedly keeping it a bit shorter this year, for obvious reasons, but am open to suggestions from you all.

THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett
This one keeps popping up in different circles, and I've heard nothing but good things about it. I checked tonite to see if my local library has it, and they have 25 copies, all of which are checked out. Guess I'm not the only one to have it on my list.

THE BRIGHTEST STAR IN THE SKY by Marian Keyes She's my fave author, and I've read everything she's written. My favorite is Watermelon, with Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married a close second. Can't wait to turn the pages of her next Irish chick-lit masterpiece!

SAMMY'S HOUSE by Kristin Gore
This is the sequel to Sammy's Hill, and is written by Al Gore's daughter. Don't let that sway you one way or the other. The main character, Sammy, is a political intern and ends up schlepping all over the place on a campaign. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book and hope this one lives up to the previous one.

Ok, now DON'T LAUGH...

TIME BANDIT by the Hillstrand brothers from Deadliest Catch I'm totally hooked on this show and to be honest, part of the reason I want to read it is to see if Jonathan can string together a few sentences into a paragraph. Sadly, my local library doesn't carry this one...shocker, I know...and I don't see myself spending any money to read it, so I think it's just a pipe dream. Unless one of you darlings has a copy that I could borrow ;)

I'm open to suggestions from you guys for other books. I love chick-lit, mystery/thrillers, and historical fiction. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

The Help was the most wonderful book I've read in a long, long time but I also enjoyed The Secret Life of CeCe Wilkes.

lilysmom said...

I loved The Help too. If you want to borrow it - I've got it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...