Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

6.11.2010

on my mind...

I'll bet you'll never guess what's on my mind these days? It's not getting Pete to sleep through the night, or potty training Emerson (which starts tomorrow, btw), or even when I'm ever going to find time to run more than once a week.

It's football. College football, to be precise.

Don't know if you follow, or if you even care, but several of the major BCS conferences are raping and pillaging the Big 12, and it's interesting to see how things are playing out. Colorado has already left for the PAC 10, with rumors of 5 other teams to join them. Nebraska seems poised to join the Big 10, and rumors about Notre Dame, Rutgers, Missouri, Syracuse, and a myriad of others are swirling. And I keep hearing that Texas and A&M will be in the PAC 10. No, the SEC. No, the PAC 10. You get the idea.

As a fan, it's fun to see this play out. As a football purist, who is staunchly opposed to a playoff system and who LOVES the bowl games, I feel like I'm watching the beginning of the end. If there are conferences with 16+ teams, there's no way that things can remain the way they are. Sigh. Change is coming. And to that, my standard response is "Who moved my cheese?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...