Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

11.29.2010

pics from the weekend

Hi all! I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Ours was marvelous, and the whole weekend has us in full Christmas mode. The tree is up, the house is decorated, and I'm feeling festive. Hope you enjoy some pics from the weekend. Please forgive the fact that they're in reverse order...I'm feeling lazy and don't want to switch them all around.
I'm pretty pleased with this snapshot of our visit with Mr. S. Claus. Both kids were happy to see him. Em was so cute as we waited our turn. She said, to no one in particular, "I forgot what you looked like, Santa." And as I was holding Pete, I felt her tug on my arm. When I bent down to see what she was saying, she said "I'm sorry Mama, I'm talking to Pete. Pete, Santa has a beard, ok. It's a beard. You'll be ok. It's just a beard on his chin, ok?" I know it sounds silly as I type it here, but it was one of the sweetest things I've ever heard her say. I love that she's his protector, already. Sigh.
Emerson's preschool is affiliated with a local church, and they asked us to play the role of the Holy Family for a while on Friday night during our town's Christmas Walk. We were so honored! They even had live animals around the manger...Emerson was in heaven. And she was a pretty darn cute shepherd, don't you think?





So sorry for the crappy quality...don't know what was up with my camera!


After dinner, we played some dominoes, and I think it was my favorite part of the whole day! Here's Jeff with Aunt Judy and Grandpa Roger. Did you know that Jeff's grandpa was his best man in our wedding? Just one of the reasons I love him.






Emerson was excited at the selections for dessert. Someone remarked that there was about one dessert per person. Our family has our priorities in line!




Pete with "the men." Uncle Craig, Jeff, and Uncle Matt.






Jeff's grandparents loved hanging with Mr. Pete. And I love that he is getting to know his great-grandparents. That's SO special to me!







And this one is just cuz it's silly. Seriously...how cute is he? Nanook of the North is in effect.


















1 comment:

Adri said...

Adorable family photos! And what an honor and experience as the Holy Family! That will be one unforgettable holiday experience. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...