Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

11.22.2010

on the mend and holding my breath...

...cause that's what we parents do, right? We hold our breath and hope or pray that things turn out alright for our kids.

Hope that they are kind

Hope that they are smart

Pray that they love God

Pray that they are healthy

Hope that they stay out of trouble

Pray that they stay safe


This could go on indefinitely. On with the show.

The good news is that, after a miserable night last night, Emerson woke this morning and the first words out of her mouth were "Mama, I think I'm better." Music to my ears! And she was better. Not "normal" mind you, but definitely improved. However, the doctor's parting words to me yesterday were "If she develops a rash, bring her back in." So...guess what she got today?

Ding, ding, ding...a rash. Crap.

Back to the doctor. Another co-pay, another hour waiting to be seen. This time, the instructions are to bring her back for blood work if she spikes another fever of 101 or higher in the next day or so.

Back to hoping and praying.

So far, so good. She hasn't had a fever since 99.5 around 11 am this morning. And that's the first time since LAST TUESDAY that I can say that. Still no school tomorrow, but hopefully she'll be fully mended for Thanksgiving. IF Thanksgiving is still happening. Grandma, who saved our butts over the weekend by tending to Pete while Jeff and I died a slow death on the couch (partly due to stomach flu and partly due to Iowa losing to Ohio State AGAIN) is now in the throes of stomach flu herself. I feel SO BADLY about that!!!

This is, I sincerely hope, the last medical update from our household for at least a few weeks when Pete has surgery. But I'm not going to think about that now.

For now, I'm off to hope a bit and have a chat with God.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...