Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

1.13.2010

a diagnosis

Before I forget, yes, we were at the car wash on Monday, hence the picture. She is simultaneously horrified and mesmerized when we go through. Funny stuff.

So I was diagnosed with a superficial venous thrombosis today. Translation: a blood clot. But not the "ticking time bomb" kind of blood clot. More like the "uncomfortable, annoying" kind of blood clot. I noticed it a few months ago, but hadn't said anything to my Dr. because the pain came and went and the bump was not always noticable. Today, it was pretty big and pretty sore, so I decided to go in. Long story short, 1 Dr. appointment and one dopplar test later, and voila`, blood clot.

At first, I was not bothered by this, but the more I sit on it, the more stressed I'm getting. I know that a woman is generally more susceptible to clotting after delivery, and since I already have one, what does that mean for me? This is the first time I've been scared of giving birth. I just want it all over and done with a healthy baby and a healthy mama.

If you're inclined to pray, I ask that you pray for peace of mind and good health for me. And if you've had one of these superficial clottie-poos, I'd love to hear your story. Cause if you're around to tell your story, it clearly has a happy ending ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...