Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

5.31.2009

choo choo

Did I tell y'all about the train yet? I don't think I did....


Herself LOVES trains. She gets so excited just to hear the train whistle coming from downtown. And when she actually gets to see at train...fugetaboutit! So a few weeks ago, we took our afternoon snack into town and ate outside the train station while watching the comings and goings of the trains. Hey, she's a cheap date, you know? We got to talking about the difference between freight trains and passenger trains, and she asked me "Emerson take turns riding train?" {Insert darling squeaky voice here} Who could resist? So I arranged with my mom to drop us at the train last Thursday and pick us up a few towns East of here so that Emerson could finally have her turn on the train.


On the morning of our great excursion, she was SO excited. We got to the station a bit early and took some pictures before our train came in.



The we hopped on and rode for about 15 minutes. I wish you had seen her...she was practically speechless, save for some barely audible squeaks of glee. And her eyes were as big as saucers for the whole trip. She was truly in awe. I'm SO glad we did it!



When we got off, we had a seat on a bench near the tracks and waited for my mom to meet us to drive us home. I asked Emerson "So, what did you think?" She sighed and said "Pretty neat." Sigh. Man, do I ever love that kid.

Happy first week of June. And happy birthday to two of my favorite people!












1 comment:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

My numbers 1 and 3 LOVED/LOVE trains, too. Does she do Thomas? You should try to hook up w/ a Day out w/ Thomas trip...she'd die! BTW, her straight on photo is adorable. That has to be a tea collection dress :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...