Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

2.28.2011

i never thought i'd say this...

...but I am totally completely satisfied with my body. Seriously.

Let me back up a bit.

I was watching the Oscars last night, and was struck multiple times with how thin all of the actresses were. I don't know if it was the camera angle, which shot them from below making them all look 7 ft. tall, or the fact that the are all indeed size 0, but I noticed it more than usual last night.

Which got me thinking about my own bod. And for once, I don't feel insecure. I guess I've come to respect it. After all, it did incubate, grow, hatch, and expel two of my favorite people on the planet. That in itself is pretty cool. And I've put a few hundred, maybe thousand miles in on these legs. (Now that I wrote that, it looks CRAZY! Thousands??? I'm going to have to keep track to see how much I run in a year. Is there an App for that?) Between running down the street and running after kids, I'm in pretty good shape.

I maintain that pregnancy and child rearing is an awesome diet plan. You're so freaked out that you'll never lose the baby weight that you're extra vigilant about what you eat. Plus, you're so sleep deprived after the baby comes that you forget to eat. There were days (more like months, really) that I'd have a Carnation Instant Breakfast shake around 7:30 am and then not eat until lunch. And I was nursing to boot, which burns lots of calories. It's about the only nice thing I have to say about nursing. But that's another topic.

Are there still spots that make me groan? Of course. I defy you to find ANY woman ANY where who doesn't have something she'd rather chop off. But all in all, I'm ok with myself.

Yet another sign that I'm all grown up.

1 comment:

testing312 said...

You did grow two of my favorite people on the planet too. You married another, so let's not "chop off" anything from that dude.

Doing a lot with moving, but I'll be out there soon.. Or come check out the new digs.

Uncle Matt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...