Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

2.21.2011

my daughter is a loser

She's a loser of things. This frustrates me to no end because I am particularly particular about keeping track of things. To the point where I'll clean them up as we're in the middle of playing just so that I know that they're put back where they belong. Odd, I know, but we all have our quirks, right?

On Friday, she "borrowed" a pair of my socks. Really soft, fuzzy, warm, cozy socks that I only wear to bed. She had them on for a whopping 25 minutes, tops. And then...they disappeared. Poof. We searched high and low but the socks are nowhere to be found. This frustrates me on two levels: One, as I mentioned, I really don't like to lose things. Arrgh. And two, I'm irritated that she can't remember, seemingly from one minute to the next, where things go off to. I tried teaching her to retrace her steps, but it might as well be quantum phyiscs for as effective as that was.

So today, she took the jacket out of a CD that we borrowed from the library. She was "reading" it in the car, brought it in the house, and then...wait for it...Poof. Gonzo. Of course, I didn't realize any of this until 7:05 pm as we were in jammies and getting ready to snug in with a book and some sleeps. Insert wild goose chase.

"Maybe it's in my bookbag?"
"Maybe it's in my library bag?"
"Maybe it's in the bathtub?"

You get the gist. After much frustration on the part of her parents, and many giggles on the part of said loser, I spotted it under the Legos and on top of the Memory game. Right where you'd expect, of course.

So, is this "normal" for a 3 year old? Or do I have a habitual loser on my hands?

Answer carefully.

4 comments:

Adri said...

Totally typical!!! So funny that most things you write about are the perfect description of my guys too...it's those little things that you constantly think in your head but don't write about. But then there's you...capturing all of my thoughts! Thanks! Back to the topic at hand, Lucas is my loser of things. He loses his "woof woof" daily, along with everything else...socks, flashlights, whatever. You're not alone, my friend. These kids are hoarders so much that they can't keep up with themselves!

Giant said...

Figure cute kids I love kids like my friends, I want to have children, they all have children together, but I have no children. If I had a son in the future, I will give my son play sports as a sport bike because I love a lot.

Lathavijayakumar said...

Dearest Ally,

Congratulation your patience is increasing because of your daughter.
Dont frustrate. Its is obvious, and it is life too. Me a mother of a son facing lots and lots of frustration and me chanlising that and i make it as a happiest moment. OK continue your blogging. I would like to see that. Me add your link in to my blog as I like your blog.
Thanks Latha

S.C.M. said...

(lurker)

Totally normal, and even at the age of 4 is it still normal, and still very frustrating!

I look for more socks then they actually own and my boys lose their gloves more times then I can count. And their stuffed animals they sleep with, that is a nightly ritual to try and find then so they can go to sleep.

I hope it doesn't last forever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...