Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

10.11.2010

i heart lists

I am a listmaker. I make them for the week, for the day, for whatever. I have a running grocery list and Target list. I have a list of meals that I'm planning to cook each week. And lately, I've started a weekly "free time" list. I'm finding a few minutes here and there during the day to myself (PRAISE GOD!!!), but end up literally walking around in circles trying to decide what to do with myself. By the time I make a plan, the window of opportunity has closed. What a waste! So now, when I have a second to myself, I consult my list. It says things like read Revelation (I'm doing Beth Moore's study on this last book of the Bible. It's heavy stuff, but such a blessing to have such a wonderful teacher.), scrapbook, order prints, organize my magazine binder, look into making Halloween costumes for E & P. You know, fun stuff that is also productive in some way. At no point on any list does it say "fart around on Facebook." And yet, that's what I did today. Just sat in my kitchen with my phone in hand, wasting time. I HATE wasting time. And I hate it even more when it's my fault.

Tomorrow, I'm going to refocus.

2 comments:

NeverYouMind said...

List's sound good...
.Get up
.Wash
.Laundry
.Uni
.Food/lunch
.study
.Ring mother
.sleep

hm, I think Sub lists are needed...if thats allowed
.Get up
--> wake up after pressing snooze 5 times and throwing a pillow at the curtains because the sun is in my eyes
.Wash
-->Have a shower
--> try not to slip on the wet floor
--> realise towel is in the wash
--> use dam towel
--> dry hair and straighten
-->take house mate a cup of tea to make sure he is awake in time for uni
.Laundry
-->Grab all the cloths on the floor and squeeze them into the washing machine
--> take out house mates cloths first
-->realise you have no washing powder left
--> steal house mates


hm, this is kinda fun,
I thank you
xxx

chris said...

funny stuff
www.artworkbylindsay.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...