Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

11.30.2011

this morning...

As Jeff and I were getting ready for work, Pete padded off down the hall and disappeared into the living room, in quest of the cat. I was getting dressed, and could hear him speaking with Jiko, but didn't hear any of the usual screeches and yelps that usually ensue when he's alone with her. After about a minute, I took off to investigate this new found peace. Here's the ensuing conversation:

P- "Uh oh. Uh oh, Mama. Jiko stuck." (said Pete, who was about 3 inches from the as-yet-undecorated-but-erect Christmas tree.)
M- "What do you mean 'She's stuck?' "
P- "Jiko stuck tree. Stuck. Uh oh."
M- "Pete, what are you talking about? Jiko, where are you?" (as I walked in for a closer look)
P- "Ohhhh dear. Jiko stuck tree. No no Jiko. Gooown upz, Jiko."
(That last bit is "Grown-Ups," as in "No Pete. We don't put coasters in the DVD player. No touch, Pete. The DVD player is just for grown-ups.")

When what do my wondering eyes see. Jiko, in the Christmas tree. NINE years we've had this cat, and she's never, ever considered climbing the Christmas tree. That is reserved for other people's cats. Not mine. But she's a cat at her breaking point. Pete tries to squeeze and pull and hit the life out of her on a daily basis, and she's losing her mind. So when he was on the warpath and she saw a tree in the middle of the living room, she did what any cat would do...climb for safety.

This year, our Christmas miracle will be surviving with all the ornaments in tact. Between Thing B and my fur person, I've got my work cut out for me...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...