Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

10.26.2011

great hydration tip

I absolutely adore Disney Family Fun Magazine. It's loaded with great tips for parents of kids of all ages, and I can read the entire thing in the time it takes to dry my nails. Truly. This is great, because I barely even have time to pee right now. I'd love to share a quick one that I read last week.

We've been having a hard time getting Emerson to drink water...she's obsessed with juice and Gatorade and chocolate milk and all the other things-that-started-as-irregular-treats but have turned into Bad Habits. (I blame summer) She tends to go "on strike" and will hold out all day until you cave and give her some juice out of fear that she'll dry up and blow away.

One of the tips in the October issue suggested putting rubber bands on the bottom of your child's cup or glass. We're using some of our massive collection of Silly Bandz. Em starts the day with 3 bandz on her cup and is able to remove one each time she finishes a cup of water. Once all three are removed, she's free to choose her own drink. So far, it's working like a charm. Score one for Mama!

Woot Woot!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...