Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

3.30.2010

well, hello there!

So sorry for my absence...I feel that there's more of that to come. I have barely enough time to shower, let alone get on the computer.

I just wanted to give an update. We're all doing well. Emerson's adjustment to life as an older sibling has been A-MAZ-ING. I truly had no expectations for her, but she's blown me away. She loves Pete, and starts every day by saying something like "Hiya, Pete. It's good to see ya." or something to that effect. Some of my personal favorites have been "Hey Mom...what happened to his eyebrows?" or "My goodness, your hands are small, Pete." Sigh.

Pete, for his part has been a model baby. He really just eats and sleeps, with an occasional burst of gas here and there. Of course, the nighttime feedings are taking their toll on us, but he's been such a pleasant kid that we don't even mind the mind-numbing tiredness.

We have had daily help from my mom, who ROCKS, by the way. She's been here just about every day, doing laundry, washing dishes, playing with Emerson, dusting, and just generally keeping me sane. I am SO BLESSED to be close to my parents, both physically and emotionally.

And, of course, Jeff has been amazing. He gets up with me for every night feeding to help me get Pete settled in, and is the one to calm Pete if he's having a hard time falling back to sleep. He's a baby whisperer, don't you know. He has been there for nearly every doctor visit, lactation consultation, and even ER visit for me (I wound up with pneumonia last week. Really.) He has been amazing, and in addition to falling in love with our new kiddo, I'm falling in love with my husband all over again. Sigh again.

Thank you for all the kind thoughts, words, cards, and emails. We have our first orthopedic appointment tomorrow, and I'm anxiously waiting to hear what they have to say. I'd say that I'll keep you posted, but realistically, I'm going to be hit or miss here for the next couple of weeks. I PROMISE to try not to neglect you, but you fall in line behind the 2 kids, husband, self, work, and cat. :)


Hope you're having a great week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...